Power needs of wireless monitoring sensors have traditionally presented obstacles to adoption, forcing users to limit duty cycles or incur the expense of replacing and maintaining batteries.
Perpetua builds solutions to harvest renewable thermoelectric energy for wireless sensors from virtually any industrial or commercial waste heat source, including pumps, water heaters, fuel tanks, furnace ducts, compressors, motors, ovens, smelters, and pipes for the following wireless applications:
• Condition Based Monitoring / Predictive
• Asset Tracking / Transportation
• Wireless Process & Safety
• Wireless Switches and Controls
• Energy Efficiency
• Remote power – renewable energy wherever temperature differences are found
• Very long (typically >15 year) operating life
• Environmentally friendly, ROHS-compliant
• Completely sealed package designed for harsh, industrial environments
• Less than 5-minute installs
Harvesting waste heat from everyday available sources, industrial-based Power Puck® systems can provide more than 15 years of renewable power for wireless sensors networks.
Continuously powered by always-available body heat energy, wireless sensors can transmit vital physiological information for emergency first responders, athletes, soldiers, medical patients, and general wellness monitoring. Applications for body heat-to- electric energy include:
• Wireless Personal Location Devices
• Medical / Fitness Monitoring
• Defense Applications / Personal Protection
• Ultra Low-Power Mobile Consumer Electronics
• Always available power source can replace or greatly extend the life of batteries
• Highest native voltage thermoelectric technology
• Unique manufacturing flexible thin-film technology offers a more robust solution that can stand up to pressures of molding and other package integration
/ Privacy Statement /
© 2012 Perpetua Power Source Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Perpetua, Power Puck, Powering Wireless, TEGwear, and TerraTEG are trademarks or registered trademarks of Perpetua Power Source Technologies, Inc.